The Pump Distributors Association (PDA) was established in 1985 with over thirty member companies including the majority of the leading, more progressive distributors, in the field of pumps and pumping accessories.
The Aims and Objectives of the Association
The Association is the corporate representative body for the pump distribution industry in the United Kingdom. Its aim is to promote the efficient and effective use of quality products for the benefit of users, whether companies or individuals. The Association has a code of professional conduct (see opposite) thus ensuring customer satisfaction whilst upholding the high reputation of its members. The code is binding on all members and provision is made in the Association's Constitution for investigation and arbitration in any cases of complaint. The Association acts as the forum for the acquisition and dissemination of information relevant to members' interests.
Full membership is open to limited liability companies, partnerships and sole traders registered in Great Britain and Northern Ireland with normally sixty percent of turnover in the sale and distribution of pumping equipment.
Applicants must have been established for at least three years and demonstrated sound and honourable business practices over that periodp;
Display of the PDA logo is the customer's assurance of technical competence and business. integrity.
Members' Code of Practice
All members shall abide by and observe the provisions of the Constitution of the Association and shall conduct their affairs in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics by
Establishing with customers and suppliers a mutually satisfactory relationship, by accepting and delivering products or services in the quantity, quality, time, price and procedure as agreed.
- Having a proper responsibility for the interest of the public.
- Employing suitably qualified staff to advise on pump selection and operation.
- Maintaining appropriate stocks, and in no circumstances knowingly supplying inherently unsafe goods or service.
- Accepting and carrying out all relevant warranty obligations.
- Providing a full after sales service and technical back up facilities commensurate with the kind of product supplied.
- Maintaining the highest level of professional competence.
- Taking account of the legitimate interests of other members and the Association.